Monday, November 17, 2008

Just Call Me Speed Racer!

This week I received another ticket! That's right. After 15 years of driving and never even getting pulled over I have been pulled over and given tickets (not warnings) twice in 3 weeks. I don't think the police around here like my face. This one was another stupid "spaced it" situation. My sister-in-law and I were driving to to town to visit another sister-in-law and her newborn twins, having a great conversation about our lives, and I blithely drove by the reduced speed sign without slowing down (not on purpose, mind you). Of course when the fancy, black, undercover cop car started flashing me I realized my mistake. I think the police need a second little device that would allow them to know when the law is being broken consciously or unconsciously and then act accordingly! I mean people get warnings all the time for speeding worse than me consciously! Maybe I need to cry rather than be sorry and look like a flake and then they might be nicer to me.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Way to go speedy! I hope you did finally call Prepaid Legal and get the one knocked down. You might need the extra cash now. :)