Monday, August 10, 2009

Our Sleeping Beauty

My youngest son seems to fall asleep all over the house whenever he gets too tired. I think we have more pictures of him in strange sleeping positions and places than all our other kids combined. This has increased since he has learned to crawl out of his bed and will NOT stay in his big boy bed while all his siblings are running around playing (ahhh, one of the joys of summer). I suppose I could be a good mommy and take time out of my day to lay down with him and make him go to sleep, but that boy will not lay still and it is more frustrating and uncomfortable than a nice relaxing time with my baby (maybe being pregnant adds to the frustration as well!) Anywho, all this is leading up to some great pictures of Joshua catching a little needed beauty sleep. Enjoy!


He always seems to have a dirty face! : )


Notice the crossed ankles! This is his normal sitting position. I Love It!


Having trouble sleeping? Try a nice lawn mower ride!


This was at Yellowstone. Just a minute before he had been searching for wild animals, but he was asleep by the time we found some elk--right outside his window!


Just before this he was on top of the chair watching a movie and singing along. A few minutes later I found him like this!


Too tired to even take off his coat first!


We couldn't find him for awhile. We checked all his usual haunts and called and called and I was starting to panic. Then Paul remembered that he had let Joshua watch a movie on the computer. As he walked over there he could see the top of his blonde head and when he turned the computer chair around this is what we found. (He was holding the measuring tape which is one of his favorite toys!) The chair had been pushed in all the way so it didn't cross our minds that he was still sitting there!


This one would be funnier as a video. The position is awkward but with his hand covering his mouth and nose you could really hear him pulling hard to get in a breath of air. Needless to say, he didn't sleep very long this time!


And now the piece de resistance. The next photos are the most recently captured of our Sleeping Beauty:




I was in the other room with the older kids folding clothes and watching a movie. I hadn't heard from Joshua in a while and called out asking him where he was and what he was doing. I didn't get an answer, but I wasn't worried because I hadn't heard any opening doors or anything (they squeak and he always slams them closed!) A few minutes later Paul came in and found him in the above position. At first he only saw his back so he thought he might be playing with his cars on the counters but when he walked around he found him asleep and took that photo. He left and came back a few minutes later and found he had shifted into a more "comfortable" position so took the final photo--gotta love the little plumber's crack there!

LOVE THIS KID! He is always bringing a smile to our faces.

6 comments:

The Davidsons said...

Too cute! These pics made me laugh! I love it when kids will fall asleep anywhere and in any position. Definite keepers. It was fun to see you guys too. Your kids were fun to watch. Joshua just cracks me up. wishing you well over the next few weeks!

Michelle said...

I'm so glad you posted these. Such a fun little guy!

Colleen said...

Thanks for the laugh! I love how he can sleep anywhere! I wish I could do that! Actually, just a good night's sleep would be nice! Thanks for sharing these pictures of your adorable little man!

Ashley said...

That is hilarious! So cute!!!

ckw said...

What a doll! I can appreciate his cuteness even more now that I've MET him! :) So good to see you and your family!

simply, me. said...

oh my goodness. i just read this blog again and i literally laughed so hard i was tearing up! i love this kid! and i love all of you. :)