Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Funny Face


(Taken when we were fishing with my grandparents. He loved the feel of the wind in his hair as we took the boat to the fishing spot. None of my other kids were too thrilled with the windy boat rides until they were older. He is such a happy baby)


I love this face that my youngest does--all the time. I think he is going to turn into a little clown. He shows all eight of his little teeth and wrinkles up his nose and heavily breathes in and out. He loves it when people laugh at him when he does it or mimic him. It is ugly and cute all at the same time. It makes me think of that song "My Funny Valentine" :

My funny valentine.
Sweet, comic valentine.
You make me smile with my heart.
Your looks are laughable,
Un-photograph-able.
But you're my favorite work of art.

I am amazed so often when I look at him and see this pale little blue-eyed, blond haired baby. With Paul's and my darker coloring and all of the other kids being brown-eyed and darker haired it really looks like he was switched in the hospital. However, there were no other boys born that day so we know that that didn't happen. Paul calls him our recessive gene baby. I call him our miracle. Not because there was anything miraculous about his birth or anything but because I never expected to get that coloring. I love it!

He is now just shy of 10 months old and is only army crawling. However, knowing that it is not a bed of roses to have a mobile child we are not complaining. But I can see that he is frustrated in not being able to move around. My girls were both almost a year before they crawled and they have turned out normal and intelligent so I am not concerned. He is such a nice squishy baby. He is going to have to build up enough muscle to haul that body of his around before he can get too much more mobile.

Some nicknames that we have for him are Joshie, Blue Eyes, Fatty-Fatty Fatterson (compliments of Aunt Erin!), Chubs, Angel Boy, and Joshie-Poo. We are all crazy about him and are so glad he is ours.




Riding around in the girls' doll stroller. He almost didn't even fit in it, but he had a great time.

1 comment:

Ilene said...

What a fun chubby boy! Yeah, I would have never figured that blondy would be yours and Pauls'. What I really can't believe is that you are a mother of four! I am both jealous and relieved when I think of me only having two right now. Time flies by so fast.