Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Terrible Two's

The photo is kind of blurry and has nothing to do with this post, but it is a favorite of mine. He is doing "Chubby"

Joshua has really settled into being two this week. One day this week, I was in my room reading my scriptures, and it dawned on me that there was water running somewhere. I went into the kitchen and there was Joshua at the edge of the kitchen sink (that is when I discovered that he can now climb on my kitchen counters) and was running water everywhere! Our faucet pulls out from the stand and he was having a great time. I got him down and went to work soaking up all the water. As soon as that was done I turned around and discovered that he had pulled the butter down from the other counter and dumped some on the kitchen rug and was spreading it on his legs. I got that mess cleaned up and he decided to give me a break for the rest of the day. The next day I am again reading my scriptures and he comes in with his hands covered in syrup! I am thinking, "Oh great." However, I go in the kitchen and there isn't any syrup there. I check where the syrup is stored (hoping that it is there and he only just got a little on his hands). No syrup. I go to the family room and there it is. Empty. Sitting in many puddles of syrup! All over the recliner, in the girl's laundry basket (luckily it was empty!), and all over the floor!!!!!!!! I was able to clean up the chair, the laundry basket, and his car garage (forgot to mention that one) and tried to get it out of the floor. We need some major carpet cleaning over here! Yesterday he managed to spill the brown sugar and white sugar all over the kitchen floor while I was trying to get ready to go to town. I am going to have to tie him up or something whenever I need to let him out of my sight! On Saturday when we were doing the chores I got some Windex from under the sink for Emma and the dish soap fell out. I thought I would come back and pick it up when I finished spraying the mirror for Emma, but when I got back Joshua had squeezed a large puddle on the floor. When I took it away he screamed, grabbed the spray bottle we use for hair and started spraying that as fast and frantically as he could knowing I would be taking that away as well. I wish now that I had taken some pictures but at the time I didn't think of it. Just as I was writing this he crawled into the tub, turned on the water and then turned on the shower (much to his surprise). I rescued him and tried to take some pictures of that one, but you can't really tell what is going on in it since I saved him before he was really soaked. Hope you all get a laugh out of this and keep me in your prayers that I will be able to keep my sanity through my son's Mr. Curious phase! I look forward to the adventures of this week!

7 comments:

Michelle said...

I'm sorry, Kristin, I did laugh. I would cry with you if you needed me to. My first thought (I know, I'm terrible) was, "Maybe you should stop reading scriptures." At least, while he's awake. I'm so sorry about the syrup on the carpet. All I have to say is, You'd better make sure there is no paint in your house!

Ashley said...

Ha Ha! I can commiserate with you my dear neighbor. My 2-year-old is almost three and in this house that age is worse... however it's nice to know things like this happen in other houses.

Erin said...

i miss those darn kids! does joshua speak to only males still??

ShaRee said...

I think there is a lesson to be learned here...don't read your scriptures because 2 year olds take advantage of this :) hee hee
I love the picture too and I am glad you put it on.

Kristin said...

Erin
He is still most comfortable around the males of the world but I think he is broadening his horizons. He is now getting to be good friends with Nama again. He still loves his Papa but he is now happy to sit with Nama and spend time with her even when Papa is around. So that is hopeful. And we still have that picture of you with Hyrum and Hannah on the fridge and he will point out each one of you in the picture and say your names so I think he still remembers you.

Supermom.com said...

This sounds like my life. Although it's not that bad yet, my twins are getting closer to that age everyday.

Supermom.com said...

This sounds like my life. Although it's not that bad yet, my twins are getting closer to that age everyday.